TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR INJURY
Looking for a bicycle accident lawyer? We’re here for you.
As a cyclist, you have rights. When you or a loved one has been in a cycling accident, the injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardships can be devastating. Choosing a legal partner experienced in bicycle accidents that cares about you, stands by you, and fights for you can make all the difference as you recover and get back to your life.
We’re dedicated to helping cyclists across Ohio and Kentucky seek the justice and compensation they deserve.
Stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious, we reached out to Mr. Sakellariou for legal counsel. After one conversation with him, we were instantly calmed and reassured – this is a lawyer who not only possesses a commanding knowledge of the law, but who cares deeply about our situation and our family’s well-being.
They fought and had my back 100% when dealing with the driver's insurance company and mine. I feel he has a great deal of knowledge when dealing with these companies who just want to short change you.
From day one, Alan understood the medical literature that backed up my pain and symptoms and professionally and diligently explained that information to both insurance companies (the at-fault and my own). He settled my claim for close to six-figures. I could not have done it without him.
I know every case / circumstance will be different, but I got more than I was hoping for. I hope I won’t ever be in an accident again, but if I am, I wouldn’t hesitate to hire Alan.
Alan assisted me in a disputed liability case, where the insurance company was still fighting me. Alan stuck with me, believed my set of facts, and ultimately the insurance company finally accepted liability. Highly recommend Alan and his firm for personal injury cases!
Call or text (513) 532-2201 or message our live chat for a free consultation
The First Steps After the Accident
When you’ve been in an accident the first thing you should do is get the medical attention you need. Only after you and your loved ones have been seen by a doctor and are in stable condition should you consider the legal implications of your accident. Regardless of fault, whether told to you by a law enforcement officer, insurance adjuster, or anyone else, you should contact an attorney before you speak to the insurance companies to protect your rights.
Do you have a case?
Many drivers are unaware of all the rights that cyclists have on the road, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be held responsible for the accidents they may have caused.
Our most common cases include:
• Clipping from a car passing a cyclist too closely.
• Car dooring collisions or cyclists who have been “doored” by an unaware motorist opening their car door while passing by.
• Bike accidents at intersections when drivers may underestimate the speed of the cyclist crossing.
• Negligent or distracted drivers who were unaware that a cyclist was nearby.
• Rage accidents caused by aggressive or impatient drivers failing to share the road.
• Hit and run accidents where the driver has struck a cyclist and flees the scene.
The best way to know whether you have a case is to talk to an attorney. At Spivak and Sakellariou, personal injury and bike accident cases are our primary focus. We want to hear your story and help you determine if you should pursue your case.
This means we don’t get paid until you get paid.
We’re here to listen, understand your side of the story, and partner with you.
Our approach: Caring, Experienced, & Results driven
There are many personal injury attorneys to choose from, but what sets us apart is our approach.
• We’re here for you. Our clients are more than a number. We pride ourselves in our personalized 1-to-1 approach. We listen to you and want to advocate on your behalf. We take every case personally and fight for our clients like they’re family – with passion and compassion.
• We work with your schedule. Nights, weekends, and remote appointments – we are available around the clock. Whenever you need us, we’ll be there to answer questions, offer advice, or simply to listen.
• We get to know your case. Our thorough case review encompasses the police report, traffic citations, lighting, and roadway conditions, and all other investigative techniques. Our exclusive focus on personal injury cases means that we’ve developed a deep understanding of the relevant laws and data needed to build your case, even when others have turned you away or have pointed their finger in blame at you.
• We get results. From medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more let us help you collect what you deserve. While we are compassionate and understanding, we are also aggressive advocates.
• We will never bill you. It costs nothing upfront to partner with us. We only take a fee if we win your case for you. Not only will we never send you a bill or invoice, but we will also cover all of the upfront costs for your case so you never have to worry about whether or not you can afford to fight for your rights.
Insurance companies have made withholding payment an art form. But, we know their playbook. Whether in the courtroom or in the conference room, we’ve dealt with hundreds of insurance companies and we’ve made them pay.
Bike Accident FAQs
The amounts will vary for each unique incident. But there are some damages that apply in most accident cases. These include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income and future earnings
- Property damage
- Funeral costs if a loved one was killed.
Non-economic damages may also apply to your case for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of Care