Need a truck accident lawyer who will fight for you? We’ll be on your side.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a trucking accident, we’re here for you. Accidents that involve semi-trucks can be particularly complex – no one should have to navigate it alone.
At Spivak & Sakellariou, we understand that the physical, emotional, and financial hardships after an accident can be devastating. That’s why we specialize in truck accident and personal injury cases. It’s our mission to fight for accident victims, ensuring that you get the care, attention, and results you deserve.
Top rated injury attorneys fighting for truck accident victims across Ohio and Kentucky.
Alan was able to get me the best settlement from the insurance company and get the hospital to lower my bill to a generous amount. I hope I don't ever need a personal injury lawyer again, but if I ever do, I would definitely seek the help of Spivak & Sakellariou.
My accident left me with a handicap that cannot be fixed. Alan helped me through every step. He took care of contacting everyone and getting all the information and paperwork taken care of. He made the entire process stress free and very simple on my part.
George helped me get a more than fair settlement. George was very trustworthy and attentive. He also let me know what I could expect through the whole process. If you are looking for a positive experience during a difficult time I highly recommend Spivak & Sakellariou.
Alan treated my case as not just another file in his caseload, but an event which will impact me for the rest of my life. If you're looking for an attorney that's honestly there for you and will fight for you, then call Alan. You'll have an attorney that fights for every dollar you deserve.
I can't imagine a better experience would be possible with another attorney if you're in need. Not only was the quality of George’s work A+ and expeditious, but it was clear he cared and wanted to help the best he could. He was always available, listened to my needs, and got things done.
Call or text (513) 532-2201 or message our live chat for a free consultation
The First Steps After the Accident
Above all else, your health and wellbeing comes first. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a truck accident, the first thing you need to do is seek medical attention. Only then should you consider the legal implications of your accident.
Many parties will be involved in your accident, from law enforcement to trucking carriers to insurance companies. These parties will play different roles in your case and often act in favor of their own interests. In some instances, insurance and trucking companies may try to force you into an interview or to sign a statement. Know that you do not have to take action without first consulting with an attorney – these statements can be used against you.
It’s essential to contact an attorney about your case to ensure your best interests and rights are protected, even when these parties may advise otherwise.
Do you have a case?
Trucking companies are often backed by large insurance corporations. These corporations are armed with teams of lawyers that will fight claims to save money for their clients. Whether you’re a pedestrian, motorcyclist, bicyclist, or driving in a car, you may have a case against the driver that hit you or your loved one.
Our most common trucking accident cases include:
• Aggressive or reckless driving, including improper lane change, speeding, and inattention
• Distracted driving including drivers texting or using their phones while driving
• Driver fatigue due to a lack of adequate sleep, extended work hours, strenuous work or other factors causing the driver to lose focus on the road and surrounding environment
• Rear-ends, rollovers, and side collisions where a truck has lost control around turns, narrow lanes, highways, or intersections
• Tire defects and other failed equipment on a truck that may have caused loss of control or debris that caused harm on the road
• Unsecured or overloaded cargo or hazardous materials that may cause harm to those nearby
• Inexperienced or improperly licensed drivers who are unable to control their vehicle or are unaware of restrictions related to operating a large truck
• Hit and run accidents a driver strikes a pedestrian or motorist then leaves the scene
If you’re unsure if you have a case or need support in battling insurance or trucking companies, it’s best to talk to an attorney. From truck operator to the maze of employees within a trucking company, these cases can be particularly complex with the different possible parties at fault. Sometimes these cases may even require an understanding of federal laws, in addition to local laws.
At Spivak and Sakellariou, we’re not intimidated by these large corporations. We will help you find the party at fault and manage the intricacies of your case.
This means we don’t get paid until you get paid.
We’re here to listen, understand your side of the story, and partner with you.
Our approach: Caring, Experienced, & Results driven
There are many personal injury attorneys to choose from, but what sets us apart is our approach.
• We’re here for you. Our clients are more than a number. We pride ourselves in our personalized 1-to-1 approach. We listen to you and want to advocate on your behalf. We take every case personally and fight for our clients like they’re family – with passion and compassion.
• We work with your schedule. Nights, weekends, and remote appointments – we are available around the clock. Whenever you need us, we’ll be there to answer questions, offer advice, or simply to listen.
• We get to know your case. Our thorough case review encompasses the police report, traffic citations, lighting, and roadway conditions, and all other investigative techniques. Our exclusive focus on personal injury cases means that we’ve developed a deep understanding of the relevant laws and data needed to build your case, even when others have turned you away or have pointed their finger in blame at you.
• We get results. From medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more let us help you collect what you deserve. While we are compassionate and understanding, we are also aggressive advocates.
• We will never bill you. It costs nothing upfront to partner with us. We only take a fee if we win your case for you. Not only will we never send you a bill or invoice, but we will also cover all of the upfront costs for your case so you never have to worry about whether or not you can afford to fight for your rights.
Insurance companies have made withholding payment an art form. But, we know their playbook. Whether in the courtroom or in the conference room, we’ve dealt with hundreds of insurance companies and we’ve made them pay.
Trucking Accident FAQs
Be aware that trucking accidents are completely different than traditional automobile accidents, and thus require a truck accident attorney that can understand these significant differences.
Be certain that your attorney is capable of:
- Understanding not only Ohio law, but ALSO the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Taking on the trucking company and their insurance company, both legally and financially through hiring top-notch experts to prove your case and to evaluate your injuries
- Evaluating all responsible parties, including the driver, their company, the truck-cabin company, the truck-trailer company, and any logistics company involved in the transportation
Other parties that may be liable include:
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- The owner of the truck
- The person or company leasing the truck
- The company that loaded the truck (if the accident was from improper loading)
Trucking companies and the corporations that lease trucks do not want to be responsible for expensive accidents. Because of this, they have a web of securities in place to help them deny liability. We’re experienced in these types of cases and are not intimidated by big corporations. Let us help you navigate your case.
Working with insurance companies can be frustrating. Even if you have been denied, don’t give up. We understand how insurance companies pick and choose claims and can help you navigate the process. We have experience in handling situations like yours and have secured settlements for our clients.
You don’t have to be totally faultless to make a claim and to deserve compensation. Let us explain how we might be able to help you even if you were ticketed for your accident.
You don’t pay a dime unless we win your case. We understand that accidents are not only an emotional burden, but a financial one, too. We work on a contingency fee, which means you do not pay anything up front and we will forward all case expenses on your behalf. Trucking corporations can be behemoths to battle, and we want to help you win your case.
The right attorney can help you negotiate with your medical providers and the insurance company so you not only get the best care possible, but you don’t go broke in the process. At Spivak and Sakellariou, we’ve helped our clients negotiate millions of dollars in medical debt. Call us to see if we can help you do the same.
The amounts will vary for each unique incident. But there are some damages that apply in most accident cases. These include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income and future earnings
- Property damage
- Funeral costs if a loved one was killed.
Non-economic damages may also apply to your case for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of Care